There are two types of Maintenance Requests
Emergency Requests – if you are calling after 4:00 pm - just call 813-831-7368 and press 1. If we don't pick up, YOU MUST LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE EMERGENCY VOICEMAIL. Please do not leave a voicemail on the regular voicemail as that will not be checked until the next business day. Please be read what is an emergency below. Our maintenance tech will not respond to non-maintenance emergencies after hours or on weekends.
Normal non-emergency requests – please submit your repair request on your online tenant portal. The login link is of any page on our website in the green section.
An Emergency is defined as anything relating to the property under the lease that is threatening to life, health, or the integrity of the property. Although if it is threatening to your life or health please call 911.
The following are some basic guidelines as to what constitutes a maintenance emergency:
- Fire: Call the Fire Department immediately.
- A/C Repair: By Florida Law, A/C repair IS NOT considered an emergency. Also, keep in mind it is very dangerous to try and fix an AC at night or in the rain due to the possibility of getting electrocuted. We do understand this can be extremely uncomfortable and we will schedule the repair on the day you call or the following day. Just like if you owned your own house, when it is hot there are a lot of AC’s out there breaking. You might have to wait for the AC tech to get to you after he finished 6 or 7 previous appointments.
- Heater Repair: If the outside temperature is falling below 40 degrees.
- Pipe Broken: Turn off the water valve to pipe or exterior water main until the contractor arrives. We will respond very quickly to this.
- Broken Doorknob, Lock, or Window: Only if it prevents the Resident from properly securing the unit. If temporary measures can be taken until business hours, the Resident should wait until regular business hours before contacting management.
- No Electricity: Only if there is no electricity and 1.) The Resident has called the electric company and found that they were not at fault. 2.) After the Resident has checked all the breakers by flipping them ALL hard to the OFF position and then back on and reset all GFI circuits in the house. Partial outages do not represent an emergency! If a wall switch or outlet begins to smoke or smell remove all plugs and turn off switch if necessary call the fire department.
These are the basic calls that may constitute an emergency.
If you have not received a call back within 60 minutes, it likely your repair is not an emergency or it please dial again to insure we received the correct number. Those situations which are not an emergency should be explained using our online form. Our voicemail is checked twice a day during the week. Calls are returned usually the same day but sometimes will be completed the next morning.
Non-emergency, routine maintenance
The following are not emergencies:
- No Hot Water, Clogged Toilet or Drain,
- refrigerator out, locking yourself out of the house, oven not working, and pest control. Small Leak in Toilet or Shower, Burner out in Stove,
- Broken Appliances
- Small water leaks that do not gush water all over the floor